Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I'm listening to today

"Everything" by Alanis Morissette
So I've loved Alanis' music since her first woman empowering, man hating album Jagged Little Pill, singing at the top of my lungs to "You Oughta Know"...not knowing the true meaning behind her bitter words, just liking the feeling of being a tough woman! Picture a 14 year old screaming "well I'm here to remind you of the mess you left when you went away!!" Rocking out from my gray Walkman. I think that love for her raw, at times brutually honest lyrics speak to me still. Recently I downloaded her Collection album with the best of all her songs and have been touched by "Everything". If it was playing on the radio I would, for the first time in my life, call in the local radio station and dedicate it to my husband David. Its a song I picture singing to him at our 50th wedding anniversary (minus the first line if you end up listening to it...). But its sweet, sarcastic, refreshing, honest, pure. It makes me smile everytime I listen to it. Pick it up on iTunes :)
Chorus
"You see everything
You see every part
You see all my light
And you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And your still here..."

0 comments: