Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Barbie got the boot!




Well not actually, lovely little Barbie is still flouncing that perfect 34,28 (what are the other measurements?)body of hers around town but listen up, there's some new girls on the block. Anyways, I heard on NPR the other day that the provacative Bratz dolls are getting replaced by "Moxie" dolls after a lawsuit...from the makers of Barbie! That they are too similar to the Barbie prototype. *Gasp*
Does this not seem like some sort of high school cat fight? Hilarious. The new Moxie girls feature a plethora of races fully clad in colorful teenie bopperish clothing. It is said, however, that they resemble a less, how do I say, Hooker-ish version of Bratz. They are a bit more conservative than the other girls.
I remember playing with Barbies growing up. My sister and I had an aaaamaaazing time. And we had the old group- Ken, Barbie, Skipper, a pre-teen size (what were their names?) and even the babies! When my sister and I played though we weren't just going to the mall or the movies- we had epic adventures as pirate princesses, Amazonian treasure hunters, deep sea divers!! I mean these adventures we had with our Barbies lasted for weeks! We made clothes out of old rags that my mom gave us, put music to it (Phantom of the Opera was classic) and even drug my brother into playing with us. (We were that fun!) My sister and I bought Barbies into our teens and even had a code word when we were shopping for one saying- "Oh we should get this for our sister 'Emily'..." Well needless to say "Emily" had plenty of dolls! haha Oh man, I really am looking forward to the day either Heidi has a girl or me because then we can pass on our epic adventures to them...and also get a chance to play dolls again!

0 comments: