Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving week!


So I have to say I went into Thanksgiving weekend with some reservations. I'm always super emotional/nastalgic during Thanksgiving because we are some of the only people here without any family close. Last year for Thanksgiving David and I had an awesome time, but it was just the two of us. Was kind of hilarious because we made all the food and barely finished half of it...but still a good time. Made me realize just how far we were from family. But this year we found ONE couple that didn't have family to spend Thanksgiving with! So we spent this year with Jenny & Brian. They are both originally from Chicago so Sarasota is quite a transition. I remember how I felt last year spending Thanksgiving alone and knew that it would mean a lot to Jenny. Turned out to be an amazing time. Had my first deep fried turkey, made with vodka for some reason (I don't know ask Brian), watched football, laughed a lot, and ate a whole lot! So for me, that equals a good time. I truely feel that living in Florida for nearly 2 years has made me truely thankful for friends. I've always been close to my family but when you live far away your friends truely become your new family. We've had people pour into our lives like I've never experienced. I never realized friends could be this close, close as family. I thank God for the new friends we've made here and the interesting experiences we've had! And you know, I really am thankful for my husband, he's so fun, hilarious, always up for something new. We just finished decorating our house for Christmas and he worked alongside me like a little kid, excited mostly to decorate the palm tree's in our front yard. So thank God for your amazing blessings!

1 comments:

marietta said...

Glad you all had a good thanksgiving! Love you!