Friday, July 24, 2009

Its a small world after all.....

No I'm not going to Disney World, even though its only 2 hours away and I've neeever been (hint hint husband...). But I wanted to share a weird story. So David and I have started attending a new church in Bradenton. We actually found it by googling "non demoninational churches" in the area! So the first time we went there we were blown away, by the music, lights, and all the people with smiles on their faces. We've been going there for about 6 months now. If you want to read more about it here's the website http://www.baysidecommunity.org/
Our pastor is on vacation so we've been having different speakers come every week for about a month. So this last week after some rocking worship we look up and see a portly, but friendly looking fellow on stage. And he starts telling us he's Randy (our pastor's) brother. Randy is originally from Louisiana. And he says he's from Arkansas! I of course give a hoot and holler and yell "Go Hogs" while everyone in front of me turns around and looks at me like I'm crazy...Not many Arkansans here in Florida. Anyways, so he does an amazing job, we're all rolling with laughter and I'm proud, once again, to be an Arkansan. Then later David and I look him up, Pastor Rick Bezet, and randomly enough he helped start a church David and I used to attend in college called Keypoint! Weeeird. I think somehow or another all Arkansans know each other or at least have something in common. He also helped start a church in Conway called New Life Church. And then it turns out my parents know him and his church. So yep, its always a small world after all if your from Arkansas!!!

0 comments: