Monday, July 20, 2009

I need your prayers

I can't go into much detail due to lagality issues but last week my supervisor and I decided to make a call to the Department of Children and Families on one of my families. The child had a health risk due to the mothers lack of understanding on feeding her infant. I know in my heart it was the right choice because I want this child to be healthy, mom was even told he was at risk for failure to thrive b. His pediatrician. My heart aches for this child and his young mother. And I can't help but feel guilty, worried she will feel betrayed. Calls to DCF aren't always what the media dramatizes it to be, it can usually be a good thing. But the process is still unfolding, we'll see what happens. I just need your prayers to remain strong, trust God, and not let myself get sucked into this. Pray His will be done. Thanks

0 comments: