Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the brink

So today I was reflecting how I feel that so many people in my life are "on the brink" of a major decision in life. To have kids, to move, to stay, to buy a house! David and I have been wrestling with the thought of moving for the last few months. We always knew that Florida wouldn't be our long term home, but we weren't sure how long. We're nearing the 2 year mark of Florida and I have to say I love it here. Especially since we were able to find a cool church. It has made the difference in the quality of our lives here. I keep praying that God will give me direction, that I'll feel confident about one decision or the other. I've thought about fasting and praying but really don't really know exactly how/what to do when I do it. I mean I know to pray but am not sure exactly the purpose of doing it. I want to be focused. I feel lost. I want to feel like I'm moving toward a goal. I'm stuck. Anyone have any suggestions in how to get out of a rut? How to move forward? I want to badly to know where to go or what to do!! Learning how to trust God has been a life long lesson for me. To give it over. To release control. Maybe that's all I can do at this point.

0 comments: