Friday, October 16, 2009

Bringing fall to Florida




Ahhhh the sigh of relief I get on a Friday morning. I don't even mind getting up early! I'm pretty excited about the weekend because Saturday David and I are going kyaking with a local group at Philippi Estate Park! I've never been kyaking here in Florida and am excited to see how much it differs from lakes and streams. We're probably going to go ocean kyaking to see all the beautiful mangrove forests. Most boats can't get too close to the magroves that grow on the shore because of their elevated roots. Mangrove forests are an essential part of Florida's ecosystem, so many fish and wildlife live within their groves. AND, I'm super excited about hosting a fall party on Saturday! Since we don't have the four seasons here in Florida, I wanted to introduce my friends to fall activities so we're going to dress up in sweaters and scarves (hopefully it'll cool down this weekend) carve pumpkins, drink apple cider, roast pumpkin seeds and sit on a bale of hay! haha Its cheesy but my friends here were actually excited! Probably because they're all locals! Can you imagine never really seeing a beautiful fall day with the leaves turning golden yellow, red and orange? Never smelling a crisp fall day? Never riding on a tractor on a cold night? Those are some of my favorite memories, and I'm bringing them here to Florida!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome katy! have fun at your party, i hope you bring a little arkansas fall to florida!