Friday, August 14, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things....

Like the song goes from my mother's favorite movie, Sound of Music- when those darn dogs bite and freaking bee's sting, when I'm feeling sad from a long week, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad:
1. That God is available
2. My husband laughs at my jokes
3. My cat Patches loves me more than anyone (though sometimes that can be annoying)
4. Hot fresh coffee in the morning with a bit of hazelnut creamer
5. Rain in the afternoon to cool down a hot Florida summer
6. Summit's smile
7. Old friends
8. Inside jokes
9. The sand at Siesta Key that never gets hot and feels like snow at night
10. Thinking of my loving, hilarious family living in one house
11. Obama is president :)
12. Mango sorbet
13. Two happy dogs that slobber me with kisses when I get home from work
14. Outback's 8 ounce prime rib seasoned and seared, cooked mid rare
15. Being an Arkansan at heart
16. God is there

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list!