Thursday, August 06, 2009

I found my style: East meets West!


Since I'm fairly new to this married lifestyle and living in a home for more than six months like college I've been trying to find out my design style for our home. I strongly believe that the home should reflect both couple's style. I know everyone has their preference (or perhaps they have none) on the styling of their houses. I just don't think its fair for a man to live in a shabby chic pink doll house and then have the basement to himself. (On a side note we've been watching this show called "Man Cave" where men have taken over the basement or backyard and turned it into a men's only area complete with a full bar or pirate style theme because their wives have decorated the rest of the house, haha) Plus, not like many women's husband's, mine actually has a pretty strong opinion of what style he would like our home to be. David likes the more contemporary, architectural simplicity. And any of you who know me know that aint my style baby! But he also has pictures and souviners from his travels to Europe. So its more like East meets West! Mine is a mixture of many things. I was an International Relations major in college so you have to know that I'd have a global or exotic style. My dad is also a missions pastor and travels all around the world and will bring back little trinkets from where he's visited, so, nonetheless my house has a mixture of everything...which I love. But then my house started looking a little junky, a little too eclectic and borderline eccentric! So I've starting honing in my style and found a cool book on Amazon called Exotic Style (suprise) and have found its tips very helpful. From colors, to patterns, to placement of worldly treasures, its beginning to put my house together into one thought. I have to say, I'm so glad to have finally found a style for both David and I!

0 comments: