Thursday, October 30, 2008

You can take the girl out of Arkansas...

...But you can't take the redneck out of the girl! When David snapped the photo of me and my gardening overalls with the pitchfork, it reminded me of my roots. Well we've finally been able to till up our plot. Sounds like an easy task but have you ever used a tiller?? Nearly impossible to control, especially in soil that is 90%sand! We put up the posts on our plot and then filled it with soil, tilled it up, and then are waiting to till up some peat moss into our plot. The peat moss helps retain any moisture in the soil. We're hoping to plant vegetables soon. Our first choice is beans, they make a beautiful presentation. The pictures are us tilling it up and filling it with soil. Gardening has become David and I's favorite activity together. Working together to grow something is truely an amazing task. God delighted in creating, and he definately put that quality in all of us.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

hah hah you redneck! but when, seriously, did you ever help garden and "till" up stuff??! mwahahah! I'm such an annoying big sister!

Katy said...

what I meant by "roots" was the pitchfork and overalls= ARKANSAS!! :)