Saturday, March 06, 2010

Last week's vacation [pictures!]

Well in the past two weeks so much has happened. My last day at Healthy Families was February 19th :( It was such an amazing experience and I have to say I've really enjoyed all my coworkers. It was really hard to say goodbye but I just can't say no to new opportunities that come my way. After the 19th I had a whole week of vacation before starting my new job at the Safe Children Coalition .
So here's an update from the past week of vacation!
           
                          Monday- Traveled to Tampa Ikea to get a desk set or "workstation" that we  picked out online because I will be officing from home. Kinda blurry picture but basically its a desk/bookshelf combination. Here's the back:

           Here's the front! Its very convenient because it creates a separate office area. 
While I was in Tampa I had lunch with my friend Emily. Emily is in her last semester at  the University of South Florida to get her Masters in Social Work
 
During the week I also started on a new craft project to make tile mosaic coasters.
Here's the finished project (not there yet) 

 
I also spent A LOT of time with my dogs while on my vacation-
Roman ate a tree vine
 

 Lily ate a coconut
 

Wednesday- I got a chance to have dinner with a former coworker Patricia at Mi Pueblo's. Patricia is awesome
 

I also got my hair highlighted! The girl actually straightened it for me (I tipped her a little extra haha) 



Friday-I  joined a women community group called "Tea Time" lead by Deborah Peters. We enjoyed some Oolong and White Teas


Her friend also came to teach us how to make Cranberry Orange Zest scones! They were amazing ( I had to stop at two) 
 

      Sunday- ended the week by eating fresh oysters at Siesta Key Oyster Bar with my friends Jenny and Emily (and the guys) 





3 comments:

marietta said...

I love your header it's so neat! And thanks for the recap I love your office so much. I wish I could have one like that. Happy weekend! Love u!

The original "Home Girl" a trip through the decorators life. said...

Oh My Gosh Katy, You Blog? That is awesome! I love your blog, you go girlie! What got my attention was your awesome profile pic on facebook! When I clicked on it to get a bigger version I started reading your wall and I saw you started a blog! YEA! BLOGGING IS AWESOME ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU MAKE TIME TO WRITE AND CREATE ON IT! I love love love you!!! Diana

Anonymous said...

love this blog and i'm so jealous of your ikea desk/bookshelf!