Thursday, February 04, 2010

My new hobbie: jewelry making!

Well I guess I can't really call it a new hobby, I've been making friendship necklaces since I was in 5th grade but this new hobby is a bit more sophisticated. I just recently bought Bead Style magazine and have been reading over the different types of materials needed to start as a Beginner. The project I'm going to start on is on the left. 

I have some of the supplies but still need to get the tools so I'm headed down the street to a local bead store called Beads FOB. local bead store (Don't have any clue why the store is named that...) I'm also thinking about attending a class in mid February to learn how to make this on the right-- but perhaps I'm being too ambitious. I've always had this dream to one day own a business whether is coffee or bikes or beads...or maybe all of them. David is going to help build a website for me to show my photography, beads and other random craft projects. If your a crafty person yourself and have a website as well I'd love to attach a link to yours! I'll keep you posted on the beading success and for any of you experts out there- would love advice!

1 comments:

marietta said...

I can't wait to see what cool, hippie-esq jewelry you make. I just might "borrow" it from you! haha