Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas time with Drew in Florida!

So this Christmas was Drew and I's first without our parents or family. David and I were thinking about going to Texas for Christmas to see his grandparents and mine. It was going to be a crazy trip- flying into Dallas, then getting picked up by my parents in Dallas, drive to Austin to see my aunt, then drive to Kerrville to see my grandparents, drive back to Austin and then fly out to home. We researched the cost of the trip for nearly a month- thought about flying out of Tampa, out of Orlando, to driving there! (A two day drive) One of our biggest problems was what to do with our dogs. We wanted to kennel them but couldn't find one that was less that $40 a day/dog! (that's nearly $600 for a 6 day trip) It was looking either really expensive or really impossible. So David and I prayed for guidance. The next day Drew texted me saying "might be able to come to Florida for Christmas..." And when I told David we both knew that would be the best idea! So we found an airline called Allegiant Air CHEAP flights! and found Drew a seriously cheap flight. Drew asked off of work & it all came together in a couple of days! We had an awesome time. And what was really fun is that I got to do things I haven't done yet in Florida, so it really felt like a vacation for me as well. We went to Mote Marine and saw dolphins and manatees, ate out A LOT!, ate at the historic Salty Dog, Siesta beach, slept in, stayed out late. Just plain ole good times with Drew. We got to catch up and as always- felt like a day hasn't gone by since we've seen each other. Drew was always a great conversationalist. We stayed up late talking and laughing. Made me really appreaciate my family, who just GETS me you know? It was awesome. I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity because we never know when we might leave Florida!

2 comments:

marietta said...

I loved looking at the pics on facebook - seems like y'all had a great time! I'm so glad it worked out for him to come visit you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to see family during the holidays. sounds like you had a great time. you guys deserve it. :)