Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The only Cowboys fan in Florida



OK so we're probably not the only ones but you sure would think so by the amount of Giants (puke) and Eagles (barf) fans here in Florida!! Mostly because a lot of New Yorkers have drifted down here for the warm weather. You would have laughed to see David and I in our Cowboys jerseys at Beef O Brady's surrounded by a sea of blue Giants jerseys. So, needless to say, unless we take our own posse we're watching the games at our fellow fan's house Tim and Lauren. David and I have been Cowboys fans our whole lives. We were both born in Dallas (ok David was born in Ft Worth but basically Dallas) and have followed them ever since. My twin brother always kept my updated on the latest stats and players. And for any of you that knew me when I was a young tomboy, my dream in life at 7 was to be the first woman in the NFL...yeah not going to happen. But watching the Cowboys always gives me a peice of home everytime I watch. I never truely felt that way about the Razorbacks because, lets all face it, its hard to watch a team that consistently loses miserably. I still got the Hog love in my heart but ouch, its embarassing to watch. Anways, have you seen the new Cowboys stadium???? Its insane!! Watching it last Sunday I was in awe. I think the cheapest seat is about $150 and that in the boonies! It pained me to see the Cowboys lose by ONE point to the Giants in their first game in their new stadium. I could just see the dissapointment on the fans faces. I knew David's Nana was weeping silently. (OH- sidenote- David's Nana is the biggest Cowboys fan I've ever met, her whole house is decked out Cowboy style and she's not missed a game since the franchise started). So if your a Cowboys fan give me a hoot and hollar and lets hope they go far this year!!!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO GO COWBOYS!!! :)

and I remember when you wanted to be a professional footballer. lol, that was right after your haircut "like Mom's but not poofy" stage when your hair easily fit in a helmet. lol