Friday, February 27, 2009

music is so important!

As always, when I turn to my Christian music on my iPod I can help but be swept away by Enter the Worship Circle lyrics. Everytime I listen to them they bring this humility and brokenness to my heart. Its like open the arch of the covenant and letting the Holy Spirit wash over me. If you've never heard of them download the First through Third Circle. I yeild to the Holy Spirit when I hear it. Its weird really since I've been listening to them since Heidi introduced them to me in high school. On my wedding day I made a playlist containing two of their songs. And listening to them in the background when I was saying my vows made me feel so alive!! I just wanted to say that its so important to listen to the right music. I think that the language of our souls is through music. I find that when I listen to the right music it reflects in my mood and my actions...and vice versa when I listen to bad music. I tail people when I drive...bad words come out. But when the music is both lyrically and mysically beautiful I'm transformed. Here's the lyrics from one of my favorite songs:

"I Will Bow" by Enter the Worship Circle
"Two Things Have I Heard, From The Word That You Have Spoken

that You Oh God Are Strong, And You Oh God Are Loving

I Will Not Be Shaken

I Will Bow, I Will Bow

lift My Eyes Up From The Ashes

with My Knees On The Ground...I Will Bow

One Thing Will I Seek, It's You And You Alone
i Don't Have To Fear, I Know You Are Here
i Will Not Be Moved

i Am Pouring Out My Heart To You Oh God

i Am Weak, You Are Strong

i Am Putting All My Hope In You Oh God

in You And To You And For You Alone"

1 comments:

Heidi said...

You are so right! I love how you put that music is the language of our soul and how we can act according to what is playing on the 'pod. I still love enter the worship circle too, and the new waterdeep is good, as it Chair and Microphone, both which you can get in itunes! pass on any good christian music cause we know it's hard to find!