Wednesday, November 05, 2008

PRESIDENT Obama!!

Wow wow wow. I can't say it enough, I cannot stop thinking of it, I cannot help but beam when I write it. Americans came together and what a landslide victory. I myself am an Obama supporter and I can say it is thrilling to vote in the first black president, to be a part of history. And its about time! America brags that its the leader of the free world and that we believe in freedom and democracy, but when it comes to voting our leaders we've fallen short every time. We've never had a woman, minority, Jew, Muslim, we've only even had one Catholic president! And that shows that we aren't following through. As my mom would say we're over promising and under fulfilling. I know many are upset, I have friends and family who've shown their dismay. But I've also had friends and family sigh a sigh of relief, that we are moving forward. I think Obama's election shows that Americans want something different. Something that represents who we are as a nation- that we really do believe in diversity, democracy, freedom of ideas! How appropriate, how relevent to 2008. I think John McCain in an amazing man, and it was a wonderful race to watch. But we NEED something different. So regardless of who you voted for I implore you to welcome and support our new president. Please be mature, please be rational. Be informed, know who he is and what he says. Don't believe one website or one tv station. Research, read! You will be delightfully suprised. I am so excited for the future, for our soon president Barack Obama! Lets come together and all "be the change we want to see in the world".

0 comments: