Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas sparkles

I just love Christmas time! I think its the best holiday to invest in because it celebrates something truly special to me. Plus living in Florida it doesn't really feel like the traditional cold, wintry Christmas I grew up with. So I made it my goal to make it as home-like as I can! We finally got up all our decorations and I never want to take them down!

Even though it isn't very "green" to buy a live tree, I just cannot help myself! When I was a kid my favorite memory was my whole family going out to the tree farm outside of Arkadelphia Arkansas and picking out our tree from a tree farm. We would make a day out of it, going on hay rides, jumping on hay bales, drinking cider and hot cocoa. They'd give my dad a hand saw and let us cut it down ourselves! So a real tree is an important tradition. Plus I love the scent that fills the home, yelling at my cats to stay out of the tree, and decorating each branch. Frasier Firs are the BEST when it comes to pleasing smell and easy decorating with their extended branches.This was my inspiration for decorating our tree this year!




Since Firs are not as full as traditional trees I wanted to buy some fillers. I bought some glittery branches at Micheal's. **Sparkles** were the theme for our Christmas this year! 

I even have some glittery disco balls!!

The finished product! I love how it sparkles, it lights up the room! 


 I even got us new sparkly stockings to match! 
 I love walking into my home and seeing, hearing and smelling Christmas!! Hope you all have Happy Holidays! And when in doubt- add sparkles :)

2 comments:

marietta said...

I love it! Such a pretty tree. And the fillers you decided on are so fun. We ended up going the real tree route also. It makes Christmas seem more authentic. :)

Katy said...

It totally does! I think that the tree is the (physical) focal part of christmas so why not invest in it! I love your tree as well. i really loved the sparkles because it twinkled with the lights. ah. love it. sad day though when you take it down :(