Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mayhem

This week has been absolute mayhem and I'm just recovering on Saturday. Its kind of ironic that I wrote a blog earlier about trusting God and yada yada. Well God wanted to put that statement to the test this past week. Starting the week out was me trying to register for my LAST class I will EVER need to FINALLY graduate in 2008. So yeah, a little bit of pressure on getting into the class. To add onto the fact that I enrolled into school as a Non Degree seeking student which basically means that I am just taking one class at the university to then transfer back to U of A. So, needless to say, the University of South Florida does not prioritize someone who's only taking one class and then transferring it. As a Non Degree seeking student you are not allowed to register for classes until the day of classes. So I went to the class I was trying to get into (before that I tried desperately to meet with the professor- to no avail) clean & polished- front row and smiling. But then I notice that the class starts filling up...people are sitting on the floor even, its so full. During the break when I was going to see if the professor could add me to the class 5 OTHER people were trying to do the same thing. With Degree Seeking priority. Reminder- I HAVE to get into the class as the U of A pre-approved this class to transfer back as my LAST credit! So I absolutely had to get into the class. For those of you that remember the past two summers and the failures I encountered at studying abroad in China (delayed passports and earthquakes). So I really already had a defeatist attitude. So after talking to a very indescernable and confused professor (he was an adjunct faculty from China- English...not so good) who really didn't know what to do I just decided to try fate and try to register through updating the computer every 5 seconds or so. That's when David and I found out I had some random hold on my account from the Student Health Services who needed a shot record form. Wasn't told earlier by any document that they needed it but didn't seem like a problem, just had to call U of A to send the fax. After some drama with sending the fax, no printer ink and a sketchy scanner we got it there....only to find out they needed ANOTHER form (why didn't that @$#%&&* lady tell me before???) So I scramble to get this other form to David to then fax...oh yeah, no printer ink...go to Staples...fumble around with the confusing printer/scanner and finally get it to David. Call the lady...didn't get the fax. Call David, oh wrong fax number...great...resend. And then not a minute after the Health Services cleared my hold--BOOOM--I am enrolled in the class. First try. Amazing. This is all sandwiched in between a nasty cold sore that grows with every stressful phone call as well as a dissapointing job interview I had been waiting 3 weeks for. Lovely. So God's faithful....but man, it sure wasn't an easy day.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

ha ha ha!!!! God make you act what you say you believe sometimes! :)